Executive summary of the 2nd MSFA General Meeting.
The third Board Meeting and the Second General Meeting of the MSFA was held on June 27th, 2018 at the Admiral Hotel Villa Erme in Desenzano, Italy. Time and venue were selected ideally as the ACI – fib – RILEM Joint Workshop “Fibre Reinforced Concrete: from Design to Structural Applications” was held in Desenzano on the two following days.
We were happy to welcome five new members to the MSFA, raising the tally to ten member companies now. Several organisational topics were discussed in order to create a work frame for the organisation. It was agreed that an “Annual General Assembly” meeting would be held once every year and would coincide with the ITA WTC. Further, we agreed to have at least two “General Meetings” per year. “Conference Call Meetings” shall be used for additional discussions.
The importance of a close liaison and focused approach for the MSFA members was highlighted for the following tasks:
- Identify existing & planned boards and committees dealing with codification and application of FRC
- Be part on boards and committees dedicated to work on fibre reinforced concrete
- Ensure the interests of MSF are well represented
- Select referring committees and decide on delegates of the MSFA to participate
- Create National chapters of MSFA, registered in particular countries, if a necessity
The MSFA is already represented on several committees by individual members. These include fib TG 1.8 “Industrial Floors”, RILEM TC 261-CCF “Cracked FRC Sections”, OVBB: Revision of Faserbeton (FRC) Guideline 2018 (Temporary Works), AS3600 “Concrete Structures” and ACI 544 and ACI 506 to mention the most important.
The group decided on creation of the Guideline dedicated to the design and application of Macro Synthetic Fibre Reinforced Concrete. The structure is currently in work and will be discussed on our next Conference Call Meeting in October.
Further, the MSFA seeks cooperation with the FRCA (Fiber Reinforced Concrete Association) based in the USA, in order to identify synergies and similar targets, and to realise common aims such as the committee works.
For those interested to join the MSFA, the next meetings will take place as follows:
- Next General Meeting: 09:00 December 19th, Mapei Milan Centre
- Next General Assembly: Thursday, 09th May 2019 (WTC Naples)
Get in Touch
We are always looking for new exciting projects and collaborations.